My [DEAD] cold beer (or our take on the Michelada) has all the essential elements of a great Halloween drink; a horrifying ingredient list (that is surprisingly refreshing and bold in flavour), blood red in colour and a bit of heat on the palate.
This supercharged version is a happy accident that our Bar Manager, Phil, created when he decided to experiment by adding our Oxford Rye spirit. The result is delicious with the Rye pulling all the ingredients together. This cocktail has underlying savoury, malt flavours with the classic warming sweetness provided by our Rye with fresh overtones of citrus, spice and, of course, heat.
‘Chela’ is slang for beer so the translation of ‘Michelada’ is loosely ‘My cold beer’. We, of course, had to give it a Halloween twist so now we introduce to you My [DEAD] cold beer.
MY [DEAD] COLD BEER INGREDIENTS
- 50ml Oxford Rye Spirit
- 110ml Beer of your choice
- 110ml Tomato juice
- 25ml Squeezed lime juice
- Worcestershire sauce (adjust according to taste)
- Hot sauce (adjust according to taste)
- Tajin seasoning (adjust according to taste)
- 1 Pinch of salt
- 1 Lime wedge
MY [DEAD] COLD BEER STEP-BY-STEP RECIPE
- Select your glassware (we suggest a mason jar), then proceed to rim the glass with the Tajin seasoning and salt mixture.
- Dash the Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce into the bottom of the glass.
- Add the lime juice and Oxford Rye.
- Fill the glass around halfway with tomato juice and top with the beer of your choice.
- Garnish with a wedge of lime.