Certain times of year demand a certain something extra in the drinks department. There are many iterations of the Brooklyn – part of the New York family of cocktails - but the Grain Stories Heritage Corn Whisky shines like the nativity star in this beautifully well-balanced take.
The secret is in the magical combination of warm, walnutty Nocino and Maraschino liqueur. The fruity sweetness cuts through the dry vermouth and Campari. Meanwhile, the Heritage Corn Whisky nods back to the cocktail’s roots.
Very likely to become a mainstay in your cocktail repertoire: a Christmas tradition worthy of annual repeat.
Star of Brooklyn Ingredients
- 25ml Grain Stories Heritage Corn Whisky
- 25ml Nocino
- 40ml Dry vermouth
- 10ml Campari
- 10ml Maraschino Liqueur
Star of Brooklyn step-by-step recipe
- Chill a Nick and Nora glass (so-called by the bartender Dale Degroff, who was inspired by the cocktail-drinking detectives in the Thin Man films) by filling it with crushed ice.
- Add all the ingredients to a mixing glass or tin.
- Top with ice until all the liquid is covered and stir for at least 30 seconds.
- Discard the crushed ice from the Nick and Nora glass.
- Strain the shaker ingredients into the chilled glass, and garnish with a maraschino cherry.
- Use an atomiser to spritz the whisky across the surface of the cocktail.