For some, January is an abstemious month dedicated to restoring equilibrium; or at the very least, a month of polite restraint after the excesses of the festive period.
But for others, chilly, grey January with its air of post-party melancholy is the worst possible time to exercise restraint: why make it any worse than it already is? In fact, we prefer to adopt quite the opposite approach and view it as a time to wallow in life’s little luxuries.
Step forward the Russian Luxe – quite possibly the most indulgent cocktail we’ve ever encountered.
Falling somewhere between a creamy Friar Tuck and an Irish Cream White Russian, but in a class all its own, the Luxe is an incredibly moreish concoction. The caramel undertones of our Oxford Rye Vodka make it the perfect base, and the remaining ingredients come together in a manner which categorically proves that, on occasion, it is wise to embrace excess.
Russian Luxe Ingredients
- 25ml Oxford Rye Vodka
- 25ml Irish cream
- 25ml Kahlua
- 25ml Frangelico
- 25ml Crème de Caco (optional)
- Grated nutmeg to serve
Russian Luxe step-by-step recipe
- Chill a brio coupe glass by filling it with crushed ice.
- Put all ingredients apart from the nutmeg into a shaker full of ice.
- Shake long and hard!
- Discard the ice from the brio glass.
- Double strain the cocktail into the chilled glass.
- Grate the nutmeg over the top of the cocktail.